We believe in the Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We embrace the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God. These Scriptures point us to Jesus Christ and tell us of God's good plan for human life.
We realize that nothing in our name, Central Presbyterian Church (CPC), gets at the heart of what we care about. So we often use those same initials for a different phrase: Connecting People with Christ. That's what we want to do in our worship, classes, fellowship activities, service in the community, mission support, and daily lives.
We seek to live as the family that God has truly made us to be -- knowing God as our Father, through Jesus Christ, in the bond of the Holy Spirit. We welcome all who want to be part of this family through Jesus Christ. We reach out with the love of Christ here in the heart of Merced and to the ends of the earth.
To know, love and serve Jesus Christ
Called by God the Father, redeemed by Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit, Central Presbyterian Church seeks to connect people with Christ by being:
- A worshiping congregation;
- A praying church, relying on God in all things and for all things;
- A holy family of faith known by our love for one another;
- A discipling church nurturing our members into ministers through the discerning of God's call to be equipped, enabled, commissioned for service, and then sent out;
- A united church, bearing with one another according to the Word of God;
- A church filled with gratitude, as we seek to give generously and sacrificially to honor and glorify God;
- A great commission church that proclaims the Gospel to our community and the world.